Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Group H







A cobbler and a rich man

Once there lived a cobbler. He passed has days working and singing. A rich neighbor lived nearby. One day he asked the cobbler, “What do you do? How much  do you earn a year? “The cobbler laughed, “I never think that. I go with my family just hand to mouth with what I can earn . I am contented with what I have and never feel any want.” The rich man said, “Make your life developed and live above the fear of want. Take these thousand pounds, preserve it carefully and spend when you fall in hard need.” The cobbler burst with rejoices and rushed home. He hid the money into the ground  so that nobody was informed about it. At the same time he buried his joys because he had to be alerted the whole night lest somebody might steel the money. He lost his sound sleep and happiness. Worry and fear chased after him. He went to the rich man and urged to take his money back. The rich man agreed to take the money. The cobbler again regained his sound sleep and sound life.

Moral: Happiness lies in contentment.


A lion and a mouse

Once a lion was sleeping under a tree in a forest. A little mouse was wandering for food about him. As it was running about, it came up to the back of the lion. Suddenly the lion got up and felt disturbed. He caught the mouse and was about to kill it in anger. The mouse said, “O my lord, I confess my guilt. I was unconscious about you. It will be no more in future. May I not be excused for the time? I’ll back your kindness someday.”The lion laughed at the mouse and let it go. Another day after a while the lion was on his hunting. He was caught in a trap. He began to roar loudly and tried his best to get rid of entrapment but he failed. The mouse was no far from the lion. It heard the lion’s roar. It came to the trap and cut the net and rope. The lion set free and relieved.

Moral: Even a little thing may come in help.


A clever astrologer

Once there lived a king who was very fond of his future. He always tried to know what would happen about him in future. Once he was informed that a famous astrologer happened to stop at his capital on his way to Bararas. The astrologer was summoned to the king’s court and asked to predict how the future of his destiny would be. He thought for some whiles and foretold something unpleasant about his fortune. The king got furious and said, “You stupid astrologer! I shall condemn you to death. You shouldn’t live to spoil the peace of world.” When he was taken to execution, the king again said, “How long would you live?” He said to himself, “The king is a liar. He will prove him a liar by putting him to execution. How can I do to escape the imprisonment?” Suddenly a trick struck him and on the reply to the king's question he said, “The stars have declared that I'll die only a week before your Majesty.” The king turned pale and shouted, “Drive this away and never let him come again.”

A lion and a lamb

Once a lion became very thirsty and went to a stream to quench its thrust. There a lamb was already drinking water downstream. The lamb was a fleshy young one. The lion thought it would be a good dinner for him. He hit upon a plan to deceive the lamb and shouted. “You rogue! How dare you make water muddy for me?” “Excuse me, Sir,” said the lamb. “How do I make water dirty whereas you are drinking upstream?” The lion had nothing to reply. He again shouted, “Oh, I could remember. You called me bad names here last year.” “How can it be, sir, “said the lamb. “I was not born then.” He growled and said, “It must be your father. It is the same whether it is you or your father. I must take my revenge.” Saying this he jumped over the lamb and ate it up.

Moral: Might is right. 


 Honesty in business


Once Hazrat Muhammad (Sm) ran a business of camels. One day he sold some camels to some foreign merchants. Having paid their money the merchants left for their destination. But Muhammad (Sm) forgot to mention that there was a lame camel. He thought that the price of the lame camel was not the same as that of a good one. He went riding to the merchants and requested them to take some money back as the compensation of the lame one. They became astonished and said, “We have bought your camels after checking. So the defect if there is any is ours.” “No, it is not that,” said Muhammad (Sm). “I am the owner. I should inform you the defect. But I didn’t do that. I must compensate the defect. Earning by fraud is not granted by religion. Such income is illegal. Allah will catch for this.” The merchants listened to him attentively. The more they were listening, the more they got interested. The darkness in them about illegality in business gradually got dispelled. They were charmed at the truthfulness of Muhammad (Sm). They realized the business is fair and there is no chance to cheat. The merchants came to buy camels but went back taking the oath of truthfulness.